We know the stats: the wage gap is real. When our guest, Jacqueline Twillie learned about this, she decided to use her knowledge and passion to help eliminate it. She founded ZeroGap.co, a firm specializing in women leadership, to help them thrive in male-dominated industries. She is also a two time Amazon Best Selling Author. Jacqueline teaches us some negotiation techniques and gives us this advice: know your worth.
- What sets your soul on fire? Jacqueline spent years asking herself what she was supposed to do in life, when she realized what all her jobs had in common and what her passion was: helping women to develop in their careers.
- How to find an investor: look at the mirror! In her experience, finding someone willing to invest in your project might be difficult. She recommends keeping your daily job and using the paycheck for your business.
- She is determined to eliminate the wage gap. And to do so, Jacqueline focused on two courses of action: negotiation and helping women to get leadership positions. She works with women who are in male-dominated industries, creating a strategy around their goals and building confidence in themselves.
- You’ve been doing negotiations all your life, you just didn’t notice. Jacqueline V. Twillie explains that negotiations are part of our daily life, and we should see them as a conversation. She teaches us her five steps method: LATTE, and the importance of imagining a better alternative for yourself.
- Being a parallelpreneur: Jacqueline Twillie managed to write her first book without quitting her daily job. The key elements were planification and consistency, setting up a schedule that works for you, at that moment in your life, and trying to stick to it, even if it means you miss some events.