Want to really amplify your brand and business? Host a retreat! Retreats are a great way to bring your customers and clients together to really understand what you’re all about. While the idea of hosting a retreat sounds fun, hosting itself can be stressful, overwhelming and hard to manage alone. Brooke Dumas of Brooke Dumas Retreats makes hosting luxury retreats seamless. Learn more about how she got her start in the retreat industry and best practices when hosting your own retreat.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How Brooke started to work as a wedding planner, even though she never wanted to be one. Brooke shares her journey through the corporate world and why she decided to start a business on her own.
- Finding that thing that fulfills you. For Brooke, wedding planning was fine, but she needed something else: she wanted to help other entrepreneurs with their events.
- What is a retreat? Why do people go to retreats? What can someone obtain from it? Brooke explains what she was looking for when she planned her first retreat.
- Brooke and Emily share their experiences of making their first retreat: common mistakes and problems that they faced.
- How much can you charge for a retreat? Brooke gives us her formula to answer that question. You have to start by doing your research.
- Starting the retreat planning process: what things do you have to have in mind? Why do you want to host a retreat? Brooke has several tips to organize the activities and venues of your event and talks about different costs that you will have to pay to make it.